International Certified Risk Management Professionals (ICRMP, UK).
The purposes for which the Association is organized are:
- To receive and administer funds exclusively for educational and charitable purposes and to that end to take and hold by bequest, devise, gift, grant, purchase, lease, or otherwise, either absolutely or jointly with any other person, persons, or corporation, any property, real, personal, tangible, or intangible, or any undivided interest therein without limitation as to amount or value; to sell, convey, or otherwise dispose of any such property and to invest, reinvest, or deal with the principal or the income thereof in such manner as, in the judgment of the Executive Council, will best promote the educational and charitable purposes of the ICRMP without limitation, except such limitations, if any, as may be contained in the instrument under which such property is received, the Articles of Incorporation, these bylaws, or any law applicable thereto.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the principal purposes of the ICRMP shall be:
- To foster and develop interest in the practice of Risk Management;
- To encourage affirmative programs that guarantee equal employment opportunity to all individuals;
- To encourage in the field of risk management the utilization of the most advanced technologies by (a) providing a structure for developing and promulgating specific risk management programs, (b) disseminating information to individual members, and (c) exchanging and coordinating ideas among the various collaborating member bodies;
- To alert the members to relevant pending legislation, developing position papers, where necessary, and interpreting existing laws and regulations affecting their interests
- To render a program of services and assistance to risk management practitioners and organizations in meeting challenges experience in practice;
- To provide an identity and forum for all risk management professionals globally especially among collaborating member bodies and
- To provide its members who are actively engaged in the field of risk management with encouragement, assistance and programs designed to provide for their professional growth and development (this included but not limited to Executive Masters Courses, Post-Graduate Diplomas’ and other CPD Courses.
Notwithstanding any of the foregoing:
- ICRMP is a company limited guaranteed established in the United Kingdom. All the provisions and regulation of operating a companies limited by guaranteed is complied with. ICRMP also considers jurisdictions provision and legal frameworks of collaborating member bodies. Where there are any conflicts whatsoever the provision, laws and practices of the UK shall prevails. All collaborating members’ bodies are to comply with the guideline and regulation f ICRMP, UK.
Categories of Membership
The following membership grades shall be conferred on Individuals who have satisfied the Collaborating Members Bodies membership criteria’s and has been so screed thus forwarded for admission into the ICRMP Membership grades.
1. ICRMP Doctoral Fellow Membership Grade;
2. ICRMP Fellow Membership Grade;
3. ICRMP Affiliate Membership Grade;
4. ICRMP Associate Membership Grade.
Only collaborating member bodies with Affiliate status shall have the right to submit Certificate of Good Standing and Notification of Admission for membership into any of the above membership criteria. Criteria’s of grades are comprehensively addressed by the MoU entered into with each collaborating member bodies. A breach of any section of these criteria shall amount to Affiliate status suspension or withdrawal.
Accredited training providers of ICRMP can enter into sub contract with Affiliate collaborating member bodies to forward individual for admission. Admission into ICRMP membership shall be rejected where completed membership forms is not accompanied with a Letter of Good Standing and Notification for Admission.
All members of ICRMP must be of good conduct, uphold professional values and ethics and in all professional dealings. Also, members are required to be actively involved in all International Certified Risk Management Professionals Networking Events, Conferences and Executive Masters Class, this will among other things serves as continuous professionals’ development.
Honorary Life Membership. Persons who have rendered distinguished service in advancing or upholding the purposes of ICRMP, UK or any of the collaborating member bodies may be elected to Honorary Life Membership by the Executive Council on the recommendation of the Director of Membership Services. Not more than three persons can be awarded Honorary Life Membership in one year. An Honorary Life Member shall have all the rights and privileges of Individual Members, including the right to hold ICRMP elective postion and to vote on all issues requiring a decision by the membership.
Application for Membership
All applicants for membership shall complete and sign the form of application provided by collaborating member bodies on behalf of ICRMP, UK. Applicant must submit and follow the guidelines as established in the application form, this includes submission details. Applicant shall have the right to appeal any decision (as per the admission into membership) made by collaborating member bodies. All appeal should be directed to the President of ICRMP, UK with titled “Appeal”.
The Executive Council at any meeting, by a two-thirds vote of those present, may terminate the membership of any member who in its judgment has violated the ICRMP rules and Articles of Incorporation or Bylaws or who has been guilty of conduct detrimental to the best interests of ICRMP. Such action by the Executive Council shall he final and shall cancel all rights, interest, or privileges of such member in with ICRMP, UK and extends to collaborating bodies jurisdiction.
Termination for Non-Payment of Dues
The Executive Council shall establish, a grace period during which a member shall not be terminated for non-payment of dues. If payment is not received within the grace period, the membership in question shall be automatically terminated.
Any member may resign by filing a written resignation with the executive director, but such resignation shall not relieve the member so resigning of the obligation to pay any dues, or other charges theretofore accrued and unpaid.
A resigned member desiring a continued membership record may be reinstated showing proof of qualifications and paying all dues in arrears.
The Executive Council may postpone or suspend any scheduled meeting of ICRMP when necessary because of exceptional circumstances but shall notify the collaborating member bodies the reasons for such a postponement or suspension.
ICRMP shall consist of one general organization which serves as a global assembly for members from collaborating member bodies from different jurisdictions all over the world. Members may be represented through Registrar(s) or Directors of collaborating member bodies in different region and in some cases the ICRMP shall have chapter(s) in accordance with rules established and published by the Executive Council.
ICRMP shall maintain a permanent Secretariat Office in the United Kingdom and such collaborating member bodies as branch offices that may from time to time authorized by the Executive Council.
The elected officers of the ICRMP shall be the President, the President-Elect, and the immediate Past-President, and shall be nominated, elected and qualified for office in the manner provided for by Article 7 (Nominations and Voting).
Term of Office
The term of office of the President and the President-Elect shall be for five (5) years. In the event the President-Elect serves as Acting President because of a vacancy in that office, this individual shall continue in office as President for a single term.
The President-Elect shall serve as Acting President for the unexpired portion of the President’s term in the event of a vacancy in the presidency. In the event of a vacancy in the office of President-Elect, the Executive Council shall elect one of its members to serve as President-Elect.
The President shall conduct the business of the ICRMP in accordance with these Bylaws and rules and shall act as Chairman of the Executive Council. The President shall preside at all business sessions and shall appoint all committees, other than committees of the Executive Council.
Executive Director and Staff
The Executive Council shall appoint an executive director who shall be the executive officer of ICRMP and shall serve as its Secretary and Treasurer.
The executive director shall record the proceedings of the ICRMP and of the Executive Council, and shall have charge of the Headquarters Office, and branch offices, and staff, subject to the general direction of the Executive Council. The executive director, subject to the direction of the Executive Council shall collect and disburse the monies of ICRMP and render a report of all such receipts and disbursements at the annual meeting, or at other times upon demand of the Executive Council. The executive director shall, subject to the approval of the Executive Council, arrange for an annual audit of the books and records of the ICRMP by a reputable firm of Chartered Accountants, and shall forthwith make available to the Executive Council the report of such audit.
The executive director shall be the Chief Executive of ICRMP responsible for all management functions. The executive director shall manage and direct all activities of ICRMP as prescribed by the Executive Council and shall be responsible to the Executive Council. This person shall employ and may terminate the employment of members of the staff necessary to carry on the work of ICRMP and fix their compensation within the approved budget. As executive director, this person shall define the duties of the staff, supervise their performance, establish their titles and delegate those responsibilities of management as shall, in the executive director’s judgment, be in the best interests of the Association.
Nominations and Voting
To be nominated, elected, and to continue to hold office as President, President-Elect, or a member of the Executive Council, an individual must be and have been an individual with reputation and knowledge of risk management for no less than three (3) years, have demonstrated a commitment to ICRMP and also have interest in the development and growth of collaborating member bodies as an Institute.
Nominations and Balloting for President-Elect
A nominating committee consisting of at least three Registrars from any of the collaborating member bodies, shall appointed with the immediate Past-President serving as the chairperson of the committee. President and the President-Elect shall be for five (5) years. In the event the President-Elect serves as Acting President because of a vacancy in that office, this individual shall continue in office as President for a single term.
The ICRMP, UK shall meet annually at a time and place designated by the Executive Council. Representative of all collaborating member bodies must attend the annual meeting.
Notice of Meetings
The Executive Council shall give thirty days (30) written notice to representative of all collaborating member bodies members of ICRMP of such dates and places as may be determined for the annual business meeting.
At an annual meeting of the ICRMP, a quorum shall consist of Representative of all collaborating member bodies.
Cancellation of Meetings
The Executive Council may postpone or suspend any scheduled meeting of ICRMP when necessary because of exceptional circumstances, but shall notify the collaborating member bodies the reasons for such a postponement or suspension.